3 ♥ Akemi's blog ♥: Dance life and I've made it

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dance life and I've made it

After "Stage Without Borders" last Christmas, I've been hoping to strive for another performance on stage!!

Finally there's a chance!



My heart flutters and I'm worried too~ Because no matter what, I'm still not confident enough to take the challenge. I always mind my size and if I'll be clumsy on stage. I wondered how would I look like on the stage.Ugly?? ball-like?? or a distraction of the other dancers.

But this time round, I tried and overcome my fear and gave it a shot. Maybe because I already knew the choreographers as friends before the recital and I'm probably more comfortable??

* Back to basics
* Discipline training
* Learning session from other dancers
... is part of the entire training. It simply pushes me to the next level in dance.

If you miss my last performance, you can watch it here:







I'm glad I overcame my fear and joined it because at least I've the slightest of confidence now to aim for my dream dance performance, Oschool Recital.

More behind the scene photos....

Getting all hyped up early in the morning during the performance day!!



My hair for the performance and below are my hairstylist!! hahahaha...

#1 hairstylist: Shina~ She is uber good with braids!!

#2 hairstylist: Asyraf.. He in charged of my ponytail to make it stand!!! 

Photo with this cute lil boy!! he damned cute!! mad <3 td="td">

One of the Choreographer!! SHAUNA!! she is damned awesome~ and she is my inspiration too!! <3 her="her" td="td">




Dinner after the performance!!
My poly cliques who came and supported me!! touched and thank you so much!!!

The entire experience was damned fun too! Maybe because I finally got to dance with my cliques and we are simply a crazy bunch of people. Of course, knowing new crazily fun people like Fiona, Shanice, Dory, Hani, Raizan, Etc...

I definitely have more confidence now!! Until the extreme of going to the audition for O school recital this year!! Crazy right??!?!

Despite my failure last year which I'm very sad about, I still went ahead for the audition this year. Hahahaha... The "NEVER SAY DIE" attitude, like a thick skin only.. But who cares. Even if I failed, at least I tried.

Never try and you'll never know right??!?!

I clearly remember how it was like during the audition! The atmosphere is just DA bomb!! Dance hall  reggae is all about dancing together and the feel~

I do not know why, there's just only a slight anxiety this year as compared to last year. And I FELT IT!!! I FELT THE DANCE!!! It is more like an enjoyment rather than an audition. During that moment, I'm thinking if I sway sway did not get in again, I will not regret coming for the audition because I truly enjoyed the process!!

1-2 weeks passed and its the result! I remembered May and I was on our bus ride home after practice and we checked out the results! I felt sad at first because I only saw her name and a few of those familar names. After May double checked, she also did not see my name~ At the brim of crying, I determined to triple check it again and I SAW IT!!! I'M IN!!!! OMG... Is like my dream came true!!




We screamed for joy on the bus and hugged each other. Tears of happiness dropped and I hopped back home! Hahahaha... Kinda dramatic but I'm indeed that mad happy about it!

May is so nice..As I have some back condition, she described the tough training process she had last year so I could prepare myself for the coming one.

As this is a back dated update, the training actually started about 7 weeks ago and we just had our first vetting 2 weeks ago. Its kinda stressful as the dancers standard is really high and I also have my own expectation to meet. (especially my sucky stamina!!) Hah. PLUS, the choreo is crazy!!!





Ok, Its kinda long now due to my excitement. I SHOULD STOP NOW!! But before that, O school Recital tickets are now open now!!



Grab them now before its gone! As its a seated tickets, good seating are selling fast

SHADED black/red ones are taken.. :(
See no joke right, I took this picture last week! and its only OCTOBER when the show is DECEMBER!!


SO GET YOURS NOW BEFORE YOU REGRET!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment