3 ♥ Akemi's blog ♥: TUA SEH KAI movie review~

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TUA SEH KAI movie review~

I was still having my CNY break and we decided to watch Tua Seh Kai ( it's a great great world) !!! I always want to catch it ever since i watched the "in the making" of this movie and know that is about a legendary amusement park of Singapore.


Well obviously I'm not from that era but i definitely love watching movies that is connected with the past~

" IT'S A GREAT GREAT WORLD is set in Singapore's legendary amusement park - Great World, which was also affectionately known in Hokkien as Tua Seh Kai or . Spanning the 1940s to the present day, the film tells the stories of a multitude of characters who lived, worked, played, sang, danced and fell in love in Great World. "





Booked the tix the day before, its rather hot selling~ Hah.... *to the elderly*

It was my first time watching movie during weekdays at 1.15 pm and yet it is still FULL HOUSE. When we went in the cinema, surprising, WE ARE THE YOUNGEST AMONG ALL!!!

The cinema was packed with the elderly, aunties,uncles. I guess they like to reminiscing the past when great world is still around~


Anyway, thou I do not know how was it like in the past but it is really interesting to know and realize from this movie!! The mixture and the use of dialects made it very heartwarming-ly funny..imagine it is all spoken with mandarin, it will definitely look fake and boring~

ME LIKE!!!! 5 STARS~


Learn and feel lots of things while watching, compared to us ( the current generation), its of world of difference. Naively, i feel, if we could remain some of the past characteristic and thinking in that era, wouldn't it be nice ??!?! 人人为我,我为人人 ....

Overall, its a watchable movie if you are interested to know more about the past (there are also photography of the past to add the taste!!!) !!!

Coincidentally, during the CNY visit later in the night, nai nai (ting's granny) told me that, her 相亲 with her hubby was at GREAT WORLD!!! and she told me her story of the 相亲 ....See, how nice! I do not know how could i describe my love for knowing the past of singapore and people.... It is just basically SO INTERESTING compared to NOW!!!! *guess i belonged to that era*


CIAO~ time to sleep now!!!
This marks the end of my TAI TAI DAYS!!!! =(
*back to reality*

No comments:

Post a Comment